Monday, March 31, 2014

A Bit Of This And That

Oh boy, it seems like forever since I last joined you all here at my blog.  I'm sorry I've been MIA.  Life seemed to unravel just a bit, but everything is returning to what we call "normal" in this crazy house, and I'm finding myself with enough left over brain cells at the end of the day to finally return to blogging.

I feel like I've accomplished nothing in the quilting realm lately, but this would say otherwise.  I've had to have been doing something to see green.

I love the green of an empty spool of Aurifil
Then there was the start of this

Material Girl Quilts Layer Cake Sampler QAL (quilt-a-long)


The Quilt-a-long is only 1/2 way done, so grab a layer cake and join us at

I've been spending a little quality time with my HandiQuilter Sweet 16 having some fun with FMQ charity quilts





But mostly my life has been filled with the glorious site of this

I can spot that Moda packing tape from down the street
And this.


I have fabric coming and going almost faster than I can keep up, and I love it!  Do you have any idea how much fun it is to have your hands on fabric all day ... cutting and packing and shipping oh my.

Remember "Llama Love" that I showed off a bit ago?  

Of course...Sofie found her sleeping spot just as I started to baste.
Well, it's still not done...*hanging head in shame*  Oh yah, that whole life thing got in the way.  

Besides loving llama's, my Ally girl also has a HUGE thing for all things British, so I made this


for the back of her llama quilt.  It in no way goes with Llama Love, so we will just call it a 2-sided quilt.  20 years from now this quilt will remind her of the things she held near and dear to her heart at the age of 14.

And look at these cuties...


My first quilt labels by Jennifer's Jewels.  I feel so official now.

And have you heard the new?

There is a new fabric line of solids in town...American grown, American made.  How awesome is that?  I have 25 bolts on their way hopefully next week to fill in the solids I already have in stock, so please stop by the shop if you are in need for solids.  Let's show that we support American Made.  

Last but not least, I'm very happy to announce that I'm in the beginning stages of the development of my own webpage.  Etsy has been so good to me but it's time to move on.  I'll keep you all updated on the progress as I work with my wonderful web designer to get my virtual storefront off the ground.

I invite you to stop by, browse the ever-growing stock of fabrics, and do a little shopping if you so desire.   Visit me at Gotcha Covered Quilting, the Shop

From my house to yours...Happy Sewing!

Two of the faces behind Gotcha Covered Quilting
Until Next Time...


5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Nice to see that you've been getting a little bit of sewing in with all the other fun fabric work you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele...I'm glad to be at the machine too. Even when I"m not sewing, I do get to have my hands all over fabric and that's fine by me :).

      Delete
  2. I just read The Invention of Wings and it made me think of you . . . there's a subplot involving a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nina,

      Funny timing as I was just talking about this book with my mom and had decided to read it next (which means I'll start it today). And now I'm heading to your site to see what's on your 2014 pithy reading list :).

      Delete
  3. I have heard from people who’ve been solicited for personal loans by Antony Gordon and I know there are several people who extended such short-term loans for thousands of dollars and have not been paid back.

    http://www.lukeford.net/

    ReplyDelete